Hunt Starting Soon!
A girl’s gotta eat, but dont tell the bosses I was eatin the product, alright? ‘Cause they would killll me! I was just cravin’ some of that good ole arcade popcorn, y’know!
(entry for arcade contest! xoxo)
credits all from Arcade Gacha:
- hair: AD – just sayin – blanched (my bad)
- glasses: [LWL] La vie en Rose Glasses (White)
- bracelets: ASO! National Flag Bracelet (Germany) , (UK)
- skin: [theSkinnery]Alice 6 (toffee)
- necklace: Noodles – The Captain’s Hand Necklace RARE
background arcade items:
- (Matt) Pwnie Floppy ~silentsparrow~ RARE
- .:Standby Inc. – Coffee Bag (Vanilla)
- BALACLAVA!! ROBO Blu
The end is near
I am swept up along with a lot of folks with the flurry of last-minute arcade shopping. The end of the year anniversary round is right around the corner and I sit here in a panic and think..”but i don’t have this…or that…oh oh! or THAT!”. I am sure a lot of you too, are trying to get your collection complete as well…and I am feeling the wonderful generosity of folks giving extras away to those that need them…I had help with my pics as I asked for the purple floorplan record player and I am grateful for the help I have gotten to make this pic possible!
I’m excited to tell you about…
I came across a wonderful creator by chance today and I am really excited to show off one of her dresses and makeup today. It was hard to get the detail of the little design on the front of the dress in my pic but its mega cute. I hope you all get a chance to go see the store for yourself so many goodies there! Its fall which means we will get to see sweaters and jackets and I can’t wait! I have to gush about this new necklace from Glow as well …I loooove it! so many color choices so if this color doesn’t work for you go look for one that does!
- dress: Eyelure Tank Dress Medallion Purple
- shoes: Miamai Jackie’o wedges (used wood) (slink feet needed) (l’accessoires)
- necklace: [glow] Moon Statment Necklace Mesh (new! awesome! full of win!)
- hair: MINA Hair – Patricia (the Deck)
- makeup: Eyelure Liquid Shadow PURPLE
- bunny ears: +Half-Deer+ Velven Bunny Ears (Stardust Plum)
props from Arcade Gacha:
- floorplan. record player / plum
- (Moonshadow) Pwnie Floppy ~silentsparrow~
- (NO) Ooga-Mooga Tiki Mug – Purple
- +Half-Deer+ Carved Woodland Animals (Faerie Deer) RARE
- -tb- Bon Voyage – Suitcase Clutter RARE
- held: (Lolli) Pwnie Holding ~silentsparrow~
Normally I don’t talk too much about RL here, because I can do that elsewhere. Lately, however I am beginning to feel a bit crowded and out-of-place. I don’t know where to begin so I write. Post 9-11 in the states saw an increase in racial profiling, and also racially motivated hate crimes towards Muslims out of fear, hate, and revenge. These days I believe that tensions regarding that have ceased, however now that I have moved to Canada, I have to deal with it all over again as the new legislation they are trying to pass blatantly targets Muslims and Jews. With this legislation trying to be passed this past week I have seen night after night reports of hate crimes on the news. This makes me incredibly sad as I had been feeling up until this point, “YAY we are past that!”. That is not the case and I would hope that they let this legislation go as it doesn’t do anything but stir the pot for trouble. I promise I wont get heavy often but Id like to leave with a quote from a movie that dealt with these issues.
Razia Khan: Remember one thing, son. There are only two kinds of people in this world. Good people who do good deeds. And bad people who do bad. That’s the only difference in human beings. There’s no other difference. Understood? What did you understand? Tell me. Tell me
Rizwan Khan: Good people. Bad people. No other difference. (My name is Khan quote)
I believe if we all took that quote to heart we would all be better people.
- dress: MIEL VOLAR DRESS
- hair: Clawtooth: Heck on Wheels (arcade gacha)
- skin: cStar Limited – Xandra – Shine 1 (autumn effect hunt)
- glasses: Le Primitif Metal Top Cat Eye Sunglasses – Wood (autumn effect hunt)
- bag: Le Primitif Leather Swan Tote-Leopard (group gift wooo! go get it! its awesome!)
- boots: Ison, cult riding boots (collabor88)
There’s one thing that I will be eternally grateful to second life for…and that is over the years…it has molded my thoughts on beauty. I spent so many years knowing people before seeing what they looked like, that I developed a special sense of beauty. That is, being able to see the good inside a person before ever making face to face contact to judge them differently. That I am inspired by folks whose hearts shine brighter than perhaps their smile in real life, but it doesn’t matter because their hearts shine so bright it overshadows their outward appearance. That said, being able to perceive how one’s heart truly is there are those with ugly hearts as well, but that is true everywhere. Where do YOU find beauty? I find beauty in a caring gesture after one is hurt, beauty in time given to heal others wounds whether they be emotional or physical. I find beauty in the rain, and in the clouds, and in the setting sun. Take a moment out of your rushed lives to look around you, and find beauty where you may not have seen it before.
- bodysuit and boots: BEETLEBONES, Pesca Bodysuit (designers united 5)
- rings and nail appliers, .Pekka. Crown rings (marquis market)
- hair: Exile:: Counting Stars
- hat: *LODE* Headwear – Vlora (l’accessoires)
- clutch: [Gang/Cold] Momoka Clutch “Cute Seduction” (l’accessoires)
- necklace: ::BB:: Seahorse Chain Necklace
- makeup: Blacklace Beauty Visage Summer Sky
Please be aware Im sending this as a warning that I recently caught a copybotter and her friend in the act name is Crystalklein Boxen and her friends name is deaselvaggia. If you are a content creator please protect yourselves by banning these names from your stores. If you are BaxCoen, Lelutka, Elikatira, or Eaters Coma you can be sure that your items are at risk. Shown below is a bax coen boot showing crystalklein as creator. I also saw Crystalklein with elikatira ripped hair on, and in process was Eaters coma and Lelutka hair being ripped….I am sorry to have to tell you this.
I wasnt always as real as you are. For a long time I only existed on paper..the figment of an artist’s imagination. One day I had enough…I was sick of being the brunt of literary foibles intended to make the reader gasp, and feel sorry for me…just a girl drawn on paper. The more I thought about it, the more unfair it felt… only being there to be used to have the “hero” come running and take center stage. Believe me, it was no picnic pickin’ up for that chump between scenes what with him being a raging alcoholic and all when noone was looking. If I had to stand around and wait to be “saved” by his stumbling rear ONE MORE TIME I would SCREAM. I guess you could say the final straw was being sent to sanitarium by the villain as a way to get the “hero” to come to the scene…but how could he come if I was never around to sober him up to begin with? Thats right! Truth be told, I like it better on this side…the comic who drew me’s brother isnt half as misogynistic as he was…I get a chance to be normal and enjoy normal things like taking bike rides and arguing who gets to pick up the tab that night!