I hope you all had a great start to 2014! Im excited because there is sooo many new things coming up for The Docks this year, and soon The Pier Market will be open! If you want to get updates head on over to TPM’s facebook page! Anyyyyhooo… there is almost nothing more compelling for me then Lelutka hair…so when the talented Thora put out her newest release I was of course huffy at first because naturally, I was broke! Nothing is worse for a Lelutka fan than being caught broke on new release day…only one thing that is worse and that is veggie bacon. So after getting some money I got her new releases and had a bit of a wander around her sim. Her formal wear is top notch and then I came across in her formal section a classy looking top with an octopus on it …yes my head asploded. There were Scar pixels everywhere! I love nautical themed things as much as bacon, so I KNEW I had found my top for NYE. Problem was…what to put with it? Then, small miracles, found the perfect pants at Limited Bazaar, and my day was made! Paired it with the awesome arcade gacha PurePoison jewelry and I was unstoppable!
- hair: Lelutka, Maleficent
- top: Lelutka, Ariel jacket
- pants: fendty, joanna.metallicleggings.silver (limited Bazaar)
- shoes, feet & hands: Slink
- skin: Deesses, Alicia
- jewelry: Pure Poison, Star Set (arcade gacha, closed)
pose: (with love & squalor) sticks ‘n’ stones
When I am hit repeatedly by things going wrong, I close my eyes and mentally reach out for you and hearing your voice in my head lifts my spirits. For a lot of people Christmas can be a huge disappointment, and maybe I try to fool myself into thinking THIS year, this year will be different and over and over I am always proven wrong, but I remind myself to be thankful for things that others may not have. I have my friendships that have carried me through the hard times(fistpump keripants!) and collaborations with people creatively that has given me something to look forward to day after day, and witnessing the talent of people who gives me something to aspire to (xox smashypoo!) As I roll through the month of December I will remember the ones that aren’t around to celebrate Christmas with me but will never be forgotten. So raise your hot cocoa and have a merry Christmas!
- hat and jacket: Dethly Designs (atooly christmas event)
- hair: Clawtooth, closer (arcade gacha)
- eyelashes: *Eyelure* mega lash
- pose: Elephant poses, Ill be waiting (atooly christmas event)
So between the madness of trying to sort out a monthly fashion event for 2014 (which is going to be THE bomb if you are interested in participating feel free to holler!), moderating this months round of arcade gacha and trying not to keel over, I found out from a fellow moderator this awesome event! Bay City Tree Lighting is tomorrow December 8th! There will be many fun things, performances and silent auctions for wayyy cool things…saw some things Id love to have even! So be sure and check it out and perhaps bid on a beautiful picture done by our very own Marianne McCann to support Child’s Play Charity (www.childsplaycharity.org). Child’s Play is a 501c3 non-profit organization offers online communities such as Bay City’s an opportunity to help seriously ill children around the globe during their hospital stays with the purchase of games and gaming equipment. So go on over to the VENUE HERE and support a very worthy cause!
arcade gacha items:
- lanterns held by both: LISP – (light in the frame if it needs modding) Lantern
- Clawtooth Closer hair
- Sleepy Eddy Engineer boots
- 8f8 sheep hat (rare)
OK Ill admit…the nip in the air is enough for a sweater but I simply can not resist ice cream no matter WHAT the weather. Sadly, no candied bacon ice cream, but in a pinch anything chocolatey will do! I couldn’t be happier though, because I get to wrap myself up in new Millinery Shoppe sweaters. They make me feel good that its fall. I wandered around and I love the shopping area here so much I am opening a store location up at the Atooly Mall. I was going to write a story for this post but I got sidelined by lulz on flickr. I may write stories for posts but bottom line of my being is a truth teller. My friends have said to me over and over one of the things they love about me is my brutal honesty, so being accused of making false statements has me laughing hysterically. That said, if you want to see the hilarity for yourself by all means check out my flickr *here*.
- sweater & skirt: The Millinery Shoppe, *MS Embroidered Cardi/y white, Tweed skirt tartan orange *NEW RELEASE!
- shoes: Hucci, Bagani Suede Boots (collabor88)
- hair: Clawtooth, Hearts on fire (arcade gacha nla)
- ring: flowey, Meow Meow Double Ring SECRET RARE (arcade gacha NLA)
- purse, Azoury, Heima Purse Caramel (l’accessoires)
- undershirt: *BOOM* Everyday Tank
Commonly used items:
- Slink hands
- Deesses skin Alicia (I wear this in almost every post <3)
- Slink Eyelids
The end is near
I am swept up along with a lot of folks with the flurry of last-minute arcade shopping. The end of the year anniversary round is right around the corner and I sit here in a panic and think..”but i don’t have this…or that…oh oh! or THAT!”. I am sure a lot of you too, are trying to get your collection complete as well…and I am feeling the wonderful generosity of folks giving extras away to those that need them…I had help with my pics as I asked for the purple floorplan record player and I am grateful for the help I have gotten to make this pic possible!
I’m excited to tell you about…
I came across a wonderful creator by chance today and I am really excited to show off one of her dresses and makeup today. It was hard to get the detail of the little design on the front of the dress in my pic but its mega cute. I hope you all get a chance to go see the store for yourself so many goodies there! Its fall which means we will get to see sweaters and jackets and I can’t wait! I have to gush about this new necklace from Glow as well …I loooove it! so many color choices so if this color doesn’t work for you go look for one that does!
- dress: Eyelure Tank Dress Medallion Purple
- shoes: Miamai Jackie’o wedges (used wood) (slink feet needed) (l’accessoires)
- necklace: [glow] Moon Statment Necklace Mesh (new! awesome! full of win!)
- hair: MINA Hair – Patricia (the Deck)
- makeup: Eyelure Liquid Shadow PURPLE
- bunny ears: +Half-Deer+ Velven Bunny Ears (Stardust Plum)
props from Arcade Gacha:
- floorplan. record player / plum
- (Moonshadow) Pwnie Floppy ~silentsparrow~
- (NO) Ooga-Mooga Tiki Mug – Purple
- +Half-Deer+ Carved Woodland Animals (Faerie Deer) RARE
- -tb- Bon Voyage – Suitcase Clutter RARE
- held: (Lolli) Pwnie Holding ~silentsparrow~
Normally I don’t talk too much about RL here, because I can do that elsewhere. Lately, however I am beginning to feel a bit crowded and out-of-place. I don’t know where to begin so I write. Post 9-11 in the states saw an increase in racial profiling, and also racially motivated hate crimes towards Muslims out of fear, hate, and revenge. These days I believe that tensions regarding that have ceased, however now that I have moved to Canada, I have to deal with it all over again as the new legislation they are trying to pass blatantly targets Muslims and Jews. With this legislation trying to be passed this past week I have seen night after night reports of hate crimes on the news. This makes me incredibly sad as I had been feeling up until this point, “YAY we are past that!”. That is not the case and I would hope that they let this legislation go as it doesn’t do anything but stir the pot for trouble. I promise I wont get heavy often but Id like to leave with a quote from a movie that dealt with these issues.
Razia Khan: Remember one thing, son. There are only two kinds of people in this world. Good people who do good deeds. And bad people who do bad. That’s the only difference in human beings. There’s no other difference. Understood? What did you understand? Tell me. Tell me
Rizwan Khan: Good people. Bad people. No other difference. (My name is Khan quote)
I believe if we all took that quote to heart we would all be better people.
- dress: MIEL VOLAR DRESS
- hair: Clawtooth: Heck on Wheels (arcade gacha)
- skin: cStar Limited – Xandra – Shine 1 (autumn effect hunt)
- glasses: Le Primitif Metal Top Cat Eye Sunglasses – Wood (autumn effect hunt)
- bag: Le Primitif Leather Swan Tote-Leopard (group gift wooo! go get it! its awesome!)
- boots: Ison, cult riding boots (collabor88)
No one taught me, or showed me where it was….it was just a natural progression in personal growth to take that extra step and stand up for myself. To be honest, it felt incredibly good to be one move further from being pushed around. It puts a smile on my face that I have come so far, even though it took a long time to get here. So I stand today, on top of the world. I look over the vast city spread out before me and even though I shudder, it is not from fear but merely a reaction to the chill in the air.
I know myself, and my surroundings, and I am incredibly loved. I have to thank the people who do, because I know it is not easy to love me, but they make it seem so effortless. My ability to grow, and to take steps is a result of being able to love them all back as fiercely as they love me. I feel lucky to have found such wonderful people to accept me for all that I am, my darkness along with my light. So naturally I have to give them props for helping me feel on top of the world. D, Baldi, Keri, Amy, Tek, Tim, Phae, Emm….you will always have a place in my heart.
- hair: Exile::Just a Reason: Extremes (arcade gacha)
- gloves: Shi fingerless gloves (arcade gacha)
- neck piece: Elysium – neckpiece (l’accessoires)
- shirt: Kaithleen’s Buckled Up Top
- pants: <ROM.>sarrouel pants (mens dept)
- shoes: JD – Jersey Satin M White (seasons story – gacha)
- earrings: =Zenith=Peacock feathers Earth stone Earring
- makeup: +Nuuna+ Neuro (F) Green