OK Ill admit…the nip in the air is enough for a sweater but I simply can not resist ice cream no matter WHAT the weather. Sadly, no candied bacon ice cream, but in a pinch anything chocolatey will do! I couldn’t be happier though, because I get to wrap myself up in new Millinery Shoppe sweaters. They make me feel good that its fall. I wandered around and I love the shopping area here so much I am opening a store location up at the Atooly Mall. I was going to write a story for this post but I got sidelined by lulz on flickr. I may write stories for posts but bottom line of my being is a truth teller. My friends have said to me over and over one of the things they love about me is my brutal honesty, so being accused of making false statements has me laughing hysterically. That said, if you want to see the hilarity for yourself by all means check out my flickr *here*.
- sweater & skirt: The Millinery Shoppe, *MS Embroidered Cardi/y white, Tweed skirt tartan orange *NEW RELEASE!
- shoes: Hucci, Bagani Suede Boots (collabor88)
- hair: Clawtooth, Hearts on fire (arcade gacha nla)
- ring: flowey, Meow Meow Double Ring SECRET RARE (arcade gacha NLA)
- purse, Azoury, Heima Purse Caramel (l’accessoires)
- undershirt: *BOOM* Everyday Tank
Commonly used items:
- Slink hands
- Deesses skin Alicia (I wear this in almost every post <3)
- Slink Eyelids
I make the trip out to the coast rarely, but I felt compelled to visit, the pull to feel the fall salt air on my face was too powerful. I could have gone to any number of spots along the coast, but this time I chose to go to the place that had the boardwalk that went far out to an island. It was delightful to feel the light spray on my face from time to time as I walked along the weathered planks.
I spent some time feeling the cold, damp walls of the cave on the island. The rocky floor of the cave was a bit hard to traverse, but I managed to find some beautiful shells I decided to keep as a souvenir and reminder of my visit here. At one point even though it was a bit damp, I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes and just let the motion of the waves dictate my breathing. It was quite something feeling like i was making the water move with my breaths…surely you all have at one point faked waving your arm to open automatic doors…it was like that.
Of course the last thing I had to mention was this cute artisan stand I stopped at on the way…where i found these fall leave necklace to match my outfit. They called themselves Collabor88, and the maker was Maxi Gossamer…they still have some you should definitely go pick up one for yourself!
- shoes and jacket: Ison, (collabor88)
- necklace: Maxi Gossamer, (collabor88)
- bag: *BOOM* Studio Tote (collabor88)
- shirt and skirt: tee*fy, Basic Tucked Tank, Basics HighWaist Short Denim Skirt
- hair hat, Tableau Vivant (collabor88)
- skin Deesses, Alicia
It really is hopefully thinking I would say…Im the first one to college from my family, they’ve always been involved in fishing…and I just had to experience new things. That’s where I met him, that tall athletic guy from NYC.
I brought him home over our summer vacation… I worry that he wont understand the world I come from and why the big city both terrifies and intrigues me. For his first night visiting i took him down to the backyard and we had a picnic and then walked around under the stars. I was touched that my family had painted the fence and archway for his visit…they were trying so hard to make things nice for him. We had some lovely strawberries and some of our neighbors homemade cheese.. I just hope he can keep up with my brothers when they take him out fishing tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
deco in pic:
- LISP Bluebell Garden Set (collabor88)
- Elate A Posh Picnic set (from previous arcade gacha)
outfit on her:
- hair: *X*plosion Nana Hair
- dress: *~Crush Boutique~* Sweet Cakes Dress (seasons palette hunt)
- shoes (for slink medium mesh feet)Slink Tri-Colour Wedges Seaside
- head attachment: Boom natures crown spring mix
- ring: Shakeup! Fabric-Flower Ring
- skin: Deesses Alicia
- shirt: ::Ego Mesh_Men’s (seasons palette hunt)
- pants: Apple May Designs, Denim Mesh Shorts
- shoes: ::Duh!:: Sunny Yellow Canvas Slip Ons (Seasons Palette hunt)
- hair: *Dura-Boys&Girls*19
Seasons Hunt Info:
*Hunt Date: August 20 – September 10
*Hunt Blog: http://slseasonspalette.blogspot.com
*Start location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sweet%20Desire/132/90/598
*Join the SPH Group in-world: secondlife:///app/group/cdc1bbb1-ebfd-f59b-f6e5-73e95300b165/about
We here at Rockers magazine got the pleasure of interviewing one of indie scene’s favorite rocker Scarlett Stinger…She wowed us with tales of traveling on the road and meeting her idols.
So tell us, Scarlett when did you decide to get into music?
Well, I used to watch Josie and the Pussycats when I was young…and no word of a lie, but they were COOL! I wanted to inspire girls like they did me as i was growing up…OH HEY! Thats why I wear this really funky ring right here…”Who are your main inspirations for your music style?
Ohhh that’s easy! I love love loveeed Jane Child’s “Dont wanna fall in love” That song is bar none, one of my faves from the 80’s and her LOOK! I always adored her nose to ear chain even to this day! Another big one is Billy Idol…ok dont laugh, but I have a huge daddy complex, so his song “Rock the cradle of Love” always gets me dancin… I also loved Faith no More growing up, so gotta give them some credit too…These days I love Korn and I love the dubstep direction they are going to stay fresh and whatnot… I also loved Pat Benatar, and Cyndi Lauper…I got to meet Cyndi, Pat and Jane Child…got em all to sign my fave guitar…here have a look!
Stay tuned for more of your favorite rocker girl, Scarlett Stinger…she is quite a presence!What Scarlett Stinger is wearing:
- dress: E-Clipse Slash outfit (limited bazaar)
- face mask and lipstick: La Malvada Mujer, Miao (limited bazaar)
- ring: [tea.s] Kitty Ring – Onyx (fist pump with the best hunt)
- hair: Miss C, wanted (limited bazaar)
- boots and socks: Milk Motion, biker boots, worn
- leg tights: Bugz, Half Sheer Tights Cherry (fist pump with the best hunt)
- leaning wall posters: [adorn.mint] – Gig Poster Prints (fist pump with the best hunt)
- instruments: standby world tour, (arcade gacha)
- necklace: Cute Poison – Multi-Cross Necklace
- poses in pics 2,3,4 Starry Heaven, Maichi (fist pump with the best hunt)
- nail polish: >+A&A<+ Red Drips (arcade gacha)
- friendship bracelet: *BOOM* Knit Friendship Bracelet (arcade gacha)
For some general information check the official site here: Atooly Hunts
Anyone who knows me knows the minute I saw this suit I HAD TO HAVE THEM ALLLLL! Thankfully, several ims, and a bunch of lindens handed over later, i DID! So big thank you to Aranel Ah of Boom for helpin a girl out, ’cause I really couldnt rest until I did! This look was inspired by a mix, but mostly all the delicious goodies of summerfest! So get YOUR anchor suit on an come surfin with me! We will sit on the sands of Bora Bora after drinking in the beauty of it all and workin on our SLtans!
- suit: Boom, Hampton Bikini (summerfest)
- flower headpiece: Boom, Tiare Crown (also summerfest)
- open dress: Tentacio, puppi dress (puppet fair)
- surfboard: Tabloid – Shaka Brah Surfboard – Aloha pink (arcade gacha)
- necklace: Mandala, Nyorai
- hair: Exile, Bad reputation
I was imed recently by a lady with some questions about arcade gacha…and we got to talking and I discovered she makes these lovely swimwear and that she also makes awesome lola tango appliers to go along with a lot of them! So I had to get one to show it off to you all and gush heaps of compliments and urge you all to discover her store as well! Im much impressed! Let me tell you todays blog post was difficult as I really wanted to show off my new miamai floaties as well but there was literally NO WAY to take a pic with these lolas and be on the floatie without looking completely ridiculous! SOooo i gave up and did a pic on the dock instead! enjoy!
- swimsuit with lola tango applier: Faboo Batik Luau
- hair: Exile Bad Reputation Natural Fusion (new!)
- shoes: Gos, FlipFlops – Paint (need barefeet)
- bracelets: *Boom* various friendship bracelets (arcade gacha)
- necklace: Maxi Gossamer, Summer LadyBird – Red (rare) (arcade gacha)
For anyone anxiously awaiting more Couture’d Bacon goodies…I am soo sorry it just couldnt be helped…its the beginning of June and I have been swept up in the arcade gacha madness that has been sweeping the grid! I honestly cant stop myself Its like a very bad addiction! Keep in mind too Im double timing it as a moderator for arcade chat which has been an opportunity of a lifetime for me…Ive gotten to work with some realllly great people: Kat Glitterbuck, Marianne McCann, Vegas Afterthought, Kai Diamond, Sophia Harlow and Andel Rhiandra to name a few! (so sorry if i missed a name or four, its been a long weekend for me!)
Im just reallly lovin on all these things that the creators have come up with for this round…also hit up numerology event to finish off my look so dont forget other events even if arcade is still running!
- 22769 ~ [femme] Sabita Top Teal & Indian Hot Pants Teal (numberology event)
- D-lab, ears, eye piece, and backpack in blue (arcade gacha)
- [Aux] Leg Warmers in teal (arcade gacha)
- *BOOM* Friendship Bracelet various (arcade gacha)
- Noodles – Kiss the Girl Bow (arcade gacha)
- /Wasabi Pills/ Lory Mesh Hair – Golden (arcade gacha)